Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hardcore Online Gaming

I have no excuse for my hiatus other than that online gaming is a main hobby of mine and I got caught-up in a full-fledged war which consumed me during all my waking hours. I know, I know - I'm too old to be playing games...but since I don't have kids of my own I guess I'll always be a kid in some way!

It just wasn't possible to leave the computer and bake, because what if someone razed my city to the ground while I was trying to separate egg yolks from egg whites? Or what if someone pillaged one of my unguarded cities while I was cutting cookies?

Will start posting again soon...

4 comments:

Siri said...

That's hilarious. I think you played it smart by not burning any precious loaves of sourdough while being glued to the computer. I know someone (rhymes with tusband) who used to be sucked into the world of computer games....I think he learned after a while that putting those aside = a MUCH happier wife.

Looking forward to your next post!

Dorte said...

Well, I think it sounds cool that you like to play!
Look forward to your next post when war is over :-)

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Siri: You're absolutely right about it not being such a good idea to be sucked into online gaming too much. It's amazing how much misery those things can generate with all the real world politics and dirty back stabbing happening all over again in your little virtual world!

Dorte: I need to switch gears now and use a different part of my brain to cook. :)

Lori said...

I was wondering about your absence. Glad you are back. I try to stay away from the games because it is so highly addicting.